Earth Day 2022
Each week, the MCi team will share some insightful and relevant articles that have been on our reading pile, keeping you up to date with the latest developments and discourse from the clean technology sector and the new circular economy.
This Earth Day is all about investing in our planet, so here are five interesting articles that will get you in the headspace to think more critically about our planet with insights into the latest thought-leadership and commentary.
Yes, Investing in ESG is Paying Off
Long-term value and ESG investment are becoming increasingly synonymous. According to the Harvard Business Review, there are five big problems with how individuals make sustainable decisions. Some thought starters include:
- How could we possibly put a price on the value provided by a healthy planet, such as the air we breathe?
- There are huge intergenerational costs associated with the effects of climate change, so how do we better include young voices in decision-making?
- With the value of emerging technologies skewing discount rates, is it time we updated out tools to measure investment benefits?
- Are we thinking in silos when it comes to value?
- According to Swiss Re, inaction will destroy around 18% of GDP by 2050 - what is the net benefit of avoiding existential risk?
Stripe's Frontier Fund
The MCi Team is excited for the new technological frontiers that investments such as Stripe's can lead us to in the transition to Net Zero.
A competitive, flourishing clean-technology industry full of innovation is the best situation for everyone.
Financial Times - Climate Policy Simulator
The Financial Times has released a fantastic tool that allows you to choose your own path through climate policy scenarios. It's a fantastic way to consider the impact of macro-scale changes on sustainability.
How far can you get?
Benefits for Communities
The Heart Lake Indigenous Nation in Canada has collaborated with First Nations Capital Investment, and other partners to construct a saline carbon capture hub on their land.
Benefiting the planet and directly benefiting the local communities involved. The prospect that advancements in clean technology can also provide a social good is extremely exciting.